We Got Another One Stuck On Stupid Over Here...

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sucker or One Upper?

Why is it always the stupid little things that products and merchandise come with that get me SOLD on the deal?

Self thinking while shopping: ‘2 great toasters here! Hmmm both black with chrome knobs and such, I like. I should really buy the better brand... WAIT! This one comes with bagel tongs!’ SOLD!… Times Used: none, the bagels come out just find.

Self thinking while shopping: ‘Hmmm 18 piece pot and pan set or 20 piece pot and pan set… HOLY CRAP! This one comes with 5 kitchen utensils and a colander, for only 12 bucks more!' SOLD!… Outcome: Unpacked box and no utensils and no drive to repack the box and return to store for 6 bucks worth of plastic tools.

Self thinking while car shopping: 'I really need to stay at 20K or lower on this purchase so it fits in my budget...
WHAT!?! An AC outlet in the back of this fine $33+K vehicle? Holy crap the endless possibilities I can experience with that option! I can blow dry and straighten my hair while camping!!' SOLD!... Times AC outlet Used: Once to charge a camera.

Apartment shopping: Friend~ “You should get this apartment. It’s a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the other one and it’s closer to your friends”. Me~ “Very true, BUT the other Apartment Complex has a FREE 24hr tanning bed!! I’m really torn between this decision”… !NOT SOLD!... Common sense and will power prevailed on that decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment